Canceling the Online Backup service #
To cancel a personal Online Backup subscription, remove all registered backups and licenses. To remove a single backup and license, follow the steps below. Repeat for each backup and license pair to be deleted.
- Visit https://secure.backblaze.com/user_signin.htm and sign in to your Backblaze account with the registered email address and password.
- Select the Preferences link on the left side of the page.
- Locate the backup to be deleted from the list available.
- Select the Delete Backup link next to the backup name.
- Enter your account password went prompted. This action will immediately and irreversibly delete the backup data contained within, upon confirmation.
- Select the Overview link from the left side of the page.
- In the Unused License area found at the bottom, select the Delete link and proceed with the deletion.
Steps sourced from this article in Backblaze Help
Delays finding external drive #
Backblaze was designed to be lightweight. There is a small process that slowly scans your computer looking for new/changed files. It can take about an hour or two to scan across all drives for an average user. When you plug in an external drive, it may take Backblaze anywhere from a 1-120 minutes to schedule the files on the external drive to be backed up online.
There is a way to force an immediate rescan. It will slow your computer down for a few minutes while it scans all your drives. You can force the rescan by holding down the ALT key and clicking "Restore Options..." button.
We designed Backblaze to be lightweight on computer resources, so it might take one to eight hours to notice new or changed files and schedule them for upload or notice disconnected hard drives that are reconnected.
Once the files are found and scheduled for upload, they'll be transmitted as fast as your computer can talk to our servers.
After they've been transmitted, it can take about one to eight hours for the View/Restore Files browser on our website to show the results.
Even if you use the secret
alt-clickto force a full drive scan, it can still miss files and tell you fully backed up when files from days ago are still nowhere to be found.