- Happiness is pursuing something that you care about, and feeling vital. That's it.
- Novelty & Challenge makes people happier (Gretchen Rubin on smart people podcast)
- Strive to be happier, not happy all the time. Unrealistic.
- 50% genetically determined, 10-20% circumstantial
- Aim for top of your natural range
- Make your bed
- Imitate a spiritual master
- One sentence journal
- Lower the bar
- Sing in the morning
- Get plenty of sleep!
- Be creative every day - the more you do it, the more creative you can be
- Focus on - Your nature, your interests, your values
- Outer order contributes to inner calm- Huge surge of happiness and motivation.
- If you always tell yourself that you don't have enough time for stuff — tell yourself you have plenty of time for the things that are important to you.
Get email updates and announcements