Below is a list of Mac App Store link (
macappstore://) structures I've compiled. If there's any I missed, please let me know!
During my testing, I found Mac App Store links work as expected in Safari and Firefox, but not Chrome. This could be due to my local config, your mileage may very.
- Direct App Link: macappstore://itunes.apple.com/app/id425424353
- Featured Tab: macappstore://
- Top Charts Tab: ?
- Categories Tab: ?
- Updates Tab: macappstore://showUpdatesPage
- Purchased Tab: macappstore://showPurchasesPage
- Search: macappstore://search.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/search?q=SEARCHTERM
- Search (UTI): macappstore://search.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/docTypeLookup?uti=YOURUTI
- Search for apps that support a specific file extension: macappstore://search.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/docTypeLookup?extension=png
Note: Mac App Store links can also be called from the command line (works without root privileges):