Paste and Match Style by Default on macOS
Copying & pasting between applications can be a frustrating experience when un-desired formatting is included.
macOS provides paste and match style to paste without formatting.
To set as the default system behavior:
- Open System Preferences
- Choose Keyboard
- Choose Shortcuts tab (top)
- Choose App Shortcuts (left)
- Press button with plus symbol (bottom)
- Application: All Applications
- Menu Title: Paste and Match Style
- Keyboard Shortcut: ⌘V (Press Command + V)
- Press Add